As of the time of writing this post, this our last day under Japan's quarantine, yay!
What I am going to write from now on is our experience when entering Japan, before arriving to the airport and after it. Hope this is an interesting read or is useful for whoever reads it.
There are a some requirements to enter Japan at the moment, which must be fulfilled before being able to even board:
- Having a valid VISA, which as of know is restricted to close family members and some student categories.
- Filling a pledge where you agree to obey to all the rules the Japanese government has set for new arrivals.
- Installing the required applications:
- MySOS: An application to track our location and to receive notifications (quite useful since we don't have a phone number yet). Location checks, video checks and phone calls are all received through this app.
- COCOA新型コロナウイルス: This app is used to monitor and report close contacts(濃厚接触者 、のうこうせっしょくしゃ) that have tested positive.
- A health form application which must be fulfilled before arrival and provides a QR code that the Japanese authorities will check on arrival.
- A location to continue the quarantine after the government sponsored one, and a government approved transportation means.
- A valid plane ticket.
|Arrival at Osaka Intl Airport （関西空港）|
|This is how far the hotel was from the arrivals hall.|
|Our quarantine hotel room.|
|Our views from the quarantine hotel.|